Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the WCN Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting and financial duties including posting transactions in QuickBooks. This position is right for someone who wants to work in the rewarding field of wildlife conservation and is highly professional, can manage multiple requests under time constraints, is a skilled communicator, flexible, and a self-starter requiring minimal supervision. Pay is commensurate with experience. The position includes a health care subsidy and other benefits.
• Post donations, invoices, credit card transactions and other items in QuickBooks.
• Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations in QuickBooks.
• Calculate and post sales tax in QuickBooks.
• Prepare payroll and other reconciliations.
• Post journal entries and help close the books.
• Post donations in SalesForce.
• Run a variety of reports from QuickBooks and analyze data in Excel.
• Other accounting, financial and administrative support as requested.
Experience and Skills:
• Proficient with QuickBooks.
• Knowledge of SalesForce and Excel a plus.
• At least one year accounting experience.
• Associate degree in accounting or equivalent course work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excited to do whatever needs to be done.
• Proactive and resourceful.
• Self-directed; able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
• Passion for wildlife and wildlife conservation.
• Nonprofit experience a plus.
Reports To: CFO
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.