Current Open Positions:
Wildlife Conservation Network Chief Financial Officer
Wildlife Conservation Network is a rapidly growing leader in wildlife conservation, working in more than 20 countries in Afica, Asia and Latin America. We partner with world-class conservationists who live and work with local communities to resolve wildlife conflicts and preserve the habitats they share. WCN supports these entrepreneurial leaders with access to donors and a range of resources and tools they need to be successful.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the CFO is responsible for ensuring WCN's financial health in both its internal operations and its financial relationships with parners. The CFO manages financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, audit and internal controls. Human resources, information systems and facilities are also areas that the CFO oversees. An accounting specialist supports and reports to the CFO.
- Work closely with the ED, Board and staff to guide the financial and administrative development of WCN in the context of its strategic goals.
- Develop and maintain effective policies to protect and manage WCN’s financial and physical assets.
- Develop, implement and assess effective and efficient financial systems and processes to support robust internal controls, accurate and timely financial reporting, and efficient operations.
- Manage financial accounts and operations with partner organizations around the world.
- Develop and implement an effective annual budget process, working closely with the ED and staff.
- Manage the annual audit process, and ensure that the highest levels of integrity and transparency are maintained in operational and financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and reporting requirements.
- Manage several multi-million dollar endowment funds.
- Oversee human resources management, including WCN’s compliance with federal and state labor laws, personnel policies, compensation and benefits administration, including the retirement benefits program, and payroll administration.
- Oversee management of office and related facilities needs.
- Oversee management of WCN’s information systems and manage relationships with supporting external vendors.
- Support capacity-building of WCN’s partners in their use of financial systems.
Experience and Skills:
- At least ten years of experience in financial and administrative management, ideally including experience with a non-profit organization.
- Masters degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related degree.
- Experience in strategic business planning, budgeting processes and human resource management for an organization of at least $10 million in annual revenue.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competency in contract negotiations and administration.
- Technologically savvy with experience working with IT staff; experience with donor databases a plus.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; enjoys working with people and inspires trust.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed; able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Willingness to work at all levels in high-volume periods or otherwise as necessary.
- Exceptional integrity and a passion for conservation.
Reports To: Executive Director
Benefits: This position is full-time and will include health and retirement benefits. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. WCN is headquartered in Los Altos Hills, California but will be relocating to the mid-peninsula or San Francisco in the next year.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Rebecca@wildnet.org.