Reporting to the President, the Controller is responsible for ensuring WCN’s financial health in both its internal operations and its financial relationships with its partners. The Controller manages accounting, financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, audit and internal controls. Human resources and facilities are also areas that the Controller oversees. An accounting specialist supports and reports to the Controller.
- Manage all accounting functions while providing financial support and guidance for the President, Board and staff.
- Develop and maintain effective policies to protect and manage WCN's financial and physical assets.
- Develop, implement and assess effective and efficient financial systems and processes to support robust internal controls, accurate and timely financial reporting, and efficient operations.
- Manage financial accounts and operations with partner organizations around the world.
- Develop and implement an effective annual budget process, working closely with the President and staff.
- Manage the annual audit process, and ensure that the highest levels of integrity and transparency are maintained in operational and financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and reporting requirements.
- Oversee human resources administration, including WCN’s compliance with federal and state labor laws, personnel policies, compensation and benefits administration, including the retirement benefits program, and payroll administration.
- Support capacity-building of WCN's partners in their use of financial systems.
Experience and Skills:
- At least five years of experience in financial and administrative management, ideally including experience with a non-profit organization.
- Experience in business planning, budgeting processes and human resource management for an organization of at least $10 million in annual revenue.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Competency in contract negotiations and administration.
- Technologically savvy with experience working with IT staff; experience with donor databases a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys working with people and inspires trust.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed; able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Willingness to work at all levels.
- Exceptional integrity and a passion for conservation.
Reports To: President
Benefits: The position is full-time and will include health and retirement benefits. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. WCN is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.