It’s Easy to Get Started Today with These Simple Steps
- Visit WCN’s fundraising center at GoFundMe Charity and “start a campaign”
- Click “create” to start your personal fundraising journey
- Enter your details on the quick registration page
- Choose a “campaign title” that speaks to your cause. Be sure to include the animal if you are fundraising for one specific. Something like:
- Brandon’s Birthday Fundraiser for Cotton-Top Tamarins or
- The Smith Family Hikes Mt. Kilimanjaro for Lions
- Decide on a campaign goal. There is no fundraising minimum and every dollar makes a difference. For first-time fundraisers, we suggest a fundraising goal of $250.
- Tell your campaign story. Make it meaningful and purposeful so it grabs your network’s attention. Talk about why you care about saving wildlife and why this occasion or activity has inspired you to act.
- Whether you want to support cheetahs because of a recent safari, or are getting married and want to share photos of the happy couple, pictures will help tell your story.
- Publish your campaign and start fundraising!
- GoFundMe makes it easy to share your campaign on Facebook, Twitter, and via email.
Questions on how to get started or make the most out of your page? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography Credits: Susan McConnell